Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Almost 36 weeks...

It's been a while since I last posted. But in my defense this is my 100th post and I didn't want to waste it. Especially by reassuring that even YOU can make delicious baked apples without the light saber spoon! So instead I will use it to update you on maternity pics and baby shower happenings!

At 32 weeks, Darci and I met up to take an adventure to Manter Dam. This is a wonderful little gem in Stanton County that serves very well for all sorts of recreation, including maternity pictures! The leaves were a little past where we wanted them, but it worked beautifully!

See?







If she can take beautiful pictures of me, I can't wait to see what she can do with the little bundle of love that is due in about 4 weeks!
That's right, I said 4 weeks!! I will be 36 weeks on Friday... and instead of working on the curtains that I haven't finished, or finding crib bumper filling, or anything else on my long list of nesting things, I am here... blogging... for you!
At 34 weeks my church threw me a wonderful baby shower! It is no exaggeration to tell you it was fabulous! All of the decorations, CAKE, games, CAKE, gifts and CAKE were shadowed only by the laughter and good times had by everyone there! And there were plenty of great people there!
Check out the cake my mother in law made! YUMMY!!!

Those are the main events of late.

Nursery status: on temporary hold.

1) We ran out of crown molding and the hardware store was out when we went to get more. It is now there waiting but other things have come up. Like the fact that it has been too muddy to bring it home (things you city slickers don't have to worry about), and my car is too small, and it was opening weekend of pheasant season.

2)Jerrad got the closet doors but needs more lumber to install them correctly and because of the afore mentioned obstacles, said lumber has not been acquired.

3)We were going to set up the crib a couple of weeks ago and ran into troubles there. We don't have any of the hardware to put it together (which we knew when we picked it up from the people giving it to us), and found out that the sliding tracks that also hold the front panel on are broken. I called the manufacturer, after looking online, for parts and they said that the crib is discontinued and they no longer carry parts. So we are debating making this one work somehow, or just trying to buy a crib.

4)Still looking for a dresser that can double as a changing table.

5)Still in the market for a rocker/glider. Even though I currently have one, I told the church I would give it back. It was accidentally loaded up as a gift from the shower, but actually belongs in the church nursery... Ooops! =)

6)Need to finish the curtains but lack a little skill in the area of straight edges...

7)Crib bedding is done, but I need to figure out what materials are needed to fill the bumper pads.

8)And the X-box is back...

So those are the things that are in between us and a completed nursery.

Now that you know all of my woes, let me tell you some other things.

Like the fact that I feel good. Not quite great, but good. Sleeping is getting more difficult and I think my morning sickness is trying to come back. I haven't had any problems with swelling lately. I'm not dilating early (as of a week ago anyhow). Things are looking good for us to be able to go to Dumas... so far! I get checked again on Friday, and then probably again on Tuesday.

Dr. Bill comes in everyday and gives each of us a hug. I'd say once a week he gives me a pat on the belly, or a rub... yesterday he kinda scratched it. It's nice to know that my doctor, after 40+ years of delivering babies, is still in wonder and excitement about new life!

After this post, I think I ought to post a little more often. Don't ya think?

1 comments:

Katrina said...

I wish I were there to help you finish stuff-that is what I am afraid of is that I won't get everything put together in time.