Saturday, September 19, 2009

Week 27 - a must read!


First - A matronly photo including the belly!
Second - you can view our registries online now! MAJOR kudos to Candice and Bekah for a LONG day all over Wichita ensuring that I register at Target, Walmart, and of course BabiesRUs. AND making sure there was regular shopping and maybe a little fun too! Ok, ok... I admit we didn't register at Walmart that day... The day got way too full and I decided to just keep what I had registered for online.
We are taking Violet Troup's childbirth classes. Anyone who knows anything about the Troups knows that the best pair is Dr. Bill being your doctor and taking his wife's childbirth classes. I am really excited about this and have already learned so much from one class!
I have caused a wave of - what would you call it? - Concern? - because so many of you have found out that I am not going to have or have access to an epidural. I assure you that I am ok with this. I am a big wienie when it comes to pain, but I am also confident in the training I am getting under Violet. AND I trust Dr.Bill more than most men on this planet, and more than anyone else when it comes to delivering my baby. I don't like needles and really don't want one in my back. Billions of babies have been born just fine with no epidurals for their mommies. And it also increases risks in so many areas for me and baby. Risks I just don't want to take. There will be pain management and an incredible staff of nurses to assist Dr. Bill at the hospital. I have the great privilege of knowing my doctor as a person as well as a medical professional which builds my trust in him astronomically. So, I WILL be ok. =)
On a lighter note...
We got our Halloween costumes figured out for work. I'm not going to be the Pillsbury Dough Boy...=( BUT, Dr. Bill is going to be SpongeBob while Joetta, Shannon and I are going to be jellyfish. I think the kids will love it! In fact they may not even see us girls when they see Dr. Bill as Sponge Bob. I love the Halloween parade in Johnson! All the little kids that doctor at our clinic come through the halls yelling, "Hi Dr. Bill!!!!" "Look, Dr. Bill! I'm Spiderman!" Oh my goodness, it's so cute!
We have a wedding today for our friends Moe and Jess... AHEM... Matthias and Jessalyn. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. It will be unique and I am dying to see how Jess pulls off this amazing theme for the two of them! I haven't decided whether I'll take my camera today or just be a low key guest. I haven't NOT taken my camera to a wedding since I got it so I may not be able to abandon it altogether. If I do take it, rest assured I will share pics of this incredible wedding! Congrats to Moe and Jess!
Other tidbits...
I got the material to make Trina's Tree skirt and I love it so much that I got extra to make something else, I just don't know what.
I really need to give myself a manicure.
Candice and I got the worst pedicures EVER in Wichita last weekend.
I'm afraid to actually say it out loud and curse it, but I think it's fall!!!!!
Grandson of co-worker: "My butt is gonna fart! I better push it back in!" *Insert faces for said pushing!
On that note, I'm gonna wind things up!

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

1. you look beautiful in your picture!
2. I'm all for making your birth without as much intervention as possible. Epi's do have a lot of side effects. I always try to do without, but eventually get it. But with Josiah it didn't take and I was pushing him out before I knew it!
3. The most important thing is to have someone remind you of what you can do to releive some of the pain *like what position you can change into, using an excercise ball, getting in the bath/shower.
4. Don't close your eyes, focus on something or someone elses eyes.
5. You can do it!!!
Check out this site for some awesome information and inspiring stories: http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/

Katrina said...

You inspire me Sis! I really hope I can be there with you when that great day happens. You look amazing!!