Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Wisdom in Writing
#11 - From My Kitchen Window
I was given this book from my husband's "girlfriend", Donna Rae. (I may have to expound on that alone some other time for those of you that are not privelaged to know this amazing woman!) It was a gift shortly after we were married and I have read it through many times! It is a collections of articles written by Jessie Rice Sandberg (daughter of John R. Rice) for the Sword of the Lord publication. They are all set in the 50's and 60's but are so real to us today also.
Every entry is challenging and encouraging in the Lord. The forward in the book, written by her father, says that even men reading The Sword of the Lord have sent letters stating how they looked forward to reading Jessie's column each time. He jokes that even though the carnal side of him wants to be a little jealous he couldn't be more proud of his daughter.
She writes about normal, everyday things from cleaning house to keeping a good spirit for her children and husband. She writes of witnessing to strangers and her own children - hanging sheets on the line and the "junk drawer" in her desk. It's so real I can't help but connect with her. It's like reading a friend's journal - without getting in trouble! =)
I may start posting some excerpts from this book from time to time to give you a taste. It's too good not to share!
Composed by Lyssa at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment