Monday, April 5, 2010

Hi... Um, do you remember me?

Whew!  What in the world has kept me from you?  I could list them, but it would be a short list...

Laundry

Dishes

Aspen

There you have it.  Oh, and the job!  Aspen has been SO interactive lately.  I L-O-V-E it! It just takes a lot of my time and energy.  I wouldn't want to spend my time any other way.  Right now, I have Dinner to prep, laundry to fold, dishes to wash and an assortment of other projects but I'm Aspenless for a little while longer.  So I decided to tell you about our wonderful Easter.

I found the perfect Easter dress for Aspen while we were in T. or C. (small town but a great outlet store) and I was super pumped.  It was a little big for her but she hit a growth spurt last week and it fit her great on Sunday.  I had a great dress in the closet that I had never worn and just remembered about a few weeks ago.  Jerrad has more nice clothes than he has desire to wear them btu I begged and pleaded for all things Easter.  So we all looked snazzy.  I took my camera to church but I didn't get a single picture!  I do have a picture of Aspen in her dress on Friday for her Project Aspen photo so all is not lost. 

We went to church and had awesome services.  Kitty accompanied me on a wonderful song called, "Come and See the Rising Son" and we actually made it through.  Neither of us had ever heard it before so sightreading skills had to come back really quickly!  But it turned out very well. 

After church we had a church dinner.  Everything from prime rib to leg of lamb.  Green bean casserole to creamed asparagus.  Rice Krispy treats to peach cobbler.  It was the epitome of a Baptist meal!

When our church has a dinner, we often have an afternoon service rather than evening since the majority of our church drives quite a ways to get there.  So we did, and had communion.  It was a great time of worship and fellowship all day!

During the afternoon service I had to go to the nursery to feed Aspen.  When she got done, I laid her on her tummy in the crib while I stepped in to the restroom.  When I returned she was on her back!  It was so hard to be happy and praise her while still being quiet!  But she gave me a big grin so I know she knew I was proud of her.

Aspen was tuckered out by the time we got home.  I put her down for a nap and we hit the sack too.  We were both worn out from the day (not to mention Michael, Nancy and William were at our house pretty late the night before after we got back from bowling!) so we took a much needed (two hour) nap. 

When we woke up I wanted to do some shooting.  I hadn't shot anything since before I was pregnant.  Jerrad built me a .223 AR-15 but I couldn't shoot it till after I had Aspen.  Then, of course, I had a baby to tend to instead of shooting.  So my wonderful hubby got me set up in the driveway then he went back and forth checking on the little girl. 

We have nice shooting benches - somewhere - but yesterday I was sitting on the old piano bench shooting off of a 55 gallon drum!  Haha!  It was actually quite comfortable though.  I went through about 100 rounds but it only took 1 for me to know I love my new rifle!  Jerrad built it especially for me and you can tell.  It's very simple and easy to use, but spot on for accuracy! 

I can't tell you how good it was to feel the trigger under my finger and watch the bowling pins go down one by one.  There was a cool breeze and plenty of sunshine.  It was a little slice of heaven for this redneck girl!  Jerrad came out after a while and said she was squirmy and about to wake up so I finished out my magazine and brought everything inside. 

So yesterday was a wonderful day.  It was so good for the soul.  Even if I didn't take a single picture!

What did you do for Easter?

2 comments:

Katrina said...

So glad you got to do something that was extra special to you!

Candice said...

Only you could put getting dressed up all fancy for Easter and how awesome it felt to shoot a gun again all in the same story!