Friday, February 13, 2009

Mocha Cream Cake

I always ask Jerrad what he wants for Valentine's day and he always tells me the same thing. He just wants a nice evening with me. It truly is the one day a year to be romantic for him! He isn't smooth like Casanova, but he is honest. I usually do some ethnic thing. Like the first year we were married we had Italian because spaghetti was cheap. The next year we had Chinese because we had no table and were going to eat off of the coffee table. Last year we had mexican because I was working a lot and it was easy. This year I wanted to do something more "earthy" and don't ask me to describe that to you! We are having Rosemary Mustard pork loin with fresh green beans and roasted potatoes. We always have sparkling cider in my pretty wine glasses and a nice dessert. I made this last spring and it was very yummy! It is very worth the time! Try it out sometime!

Mocha Cream Cake = YUM!!

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mayo
3 tbsp. oil
1 cup brewed, hot, strong coffee
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels (I used special dark)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine first six ingredients. Add mayo and oil; beat with mixer at low speed until well blended. Slowly add brewed coffee and vanilla; beat at low speed 1 minute or until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a 13x9 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool completely.

Mocha Cream -
1/2 cup brewed, hot, strong coffee
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
1 (8 oz.) container cool whip
1/3 cup chocolate syrup (Hershey's)

Combine coffee and marshmallow cream; beat with mixer at low speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Chill until ready to serve.

0 comments: