Five years ago today was when I married the "perfect" man! Since then he has morphed into something totally different! =) Over these five short years we have gotten to know eachothers' faults, but I have also come to know his strengths in a whole new way!
He talks too loud on the phone. When he blows his nose he sounds like a baby elephant. He seems to stomp everywhere he goes. He steals the covers and hogs the bed (evn though you would think that would be me since I am bigger). He usually spends money at the absolute worst time.
But...
He has the strongest backbone I have seen on a man. He is an amazing mechanic. He has surpassed his teachers on farming. He is an extremely hard worker. He drives others to work harder and accomplish more. HE LOVES ME!! As stubborned as he is and difficult to understand sometimes, he has a huge heart. I've never seen someone more loyal.
We stood at the altar 5 years ago, Carla sang "Till the Rivers All Run Dry" by Don Williams. The words of Brad Paisley's latest song now come to mind, "And I thought I loved you then..." Now here we are with our first child on the way. We have set goals for ourselves as a married couple. We have achieved some, we haven't others. But we've never turned our backs on one another. It hasn't been easy. Being a wife is the hardest job I've ever had. (I know, all you moms out there are just waiting for motherhood to crossover with the wife thing so I can see just how hard being a woman really is!) But apparently, being a husband isn't so easy either!
I love this man! I love this man!
So for our anniversary we are going down to the Cimarron to do some fishing Saturday evening. And he sent me these BEAUTIFUL flowers.
I don't think you can see the vase very well, but it is just as beautiful as the flowers. What guy! And he's mine!!!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Five whole years???
Composed by Lyssa at 6:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment