Monday, June 1, 2009

Awesome ultrasound!



Today I had my first REAL doctor's appointment. Not to say I haven't seen the doctor, but I actually went into an observation room, had my blood pressure taken and everything! Did my first urine sample (I know you're excited!) and then went back for my 4th ultrasound.

Jerrad has always wanted to be there for these ultrasounds, but so far they've been pretty boring. The last one he didn't get to be there and waskinda bummed... especially when I told him that Blizzard was kicking his (for lack of a more suiting gender) feet around. I have been trying to schedule something for Jerrad to come to town but that is a lot harder than it seems! So when I saw him driving down main street today I called him and told him to stop by and we'd do my appointment. He was able to swing by for just a little bit.

We went back to the back for the ultrasound. Dr. Bill got the wand down and got the Blizzard spotted when he (Blizzard) JUMPED!! Arched his back then started waving his arms and kicking his feet. Dr. Bill and I kinda giggled (I tried not to because it interrupts the show) but Jerrad Laughed out loud so hard!! Then Blizzard rolled over and turned his back to us. Dr. Bill repositioned the wand and got this AWESOME profile pic. You can see the eye socket, nose, lips, chin and a fat little belly! You can see an arm and feet. It almost even looks like there is a hair line, but I don't know if I'm imagining things or not.

It was so awesome to see that. We got back to the observation room and Jerrad looked at Dr. Bill and said, "That was pretty cool!" and Dr. Bill said, "Over 1,000 of those, and it still gives me a thrill too!"

I am moving right along to the day on schedule. Nausea is letting up a bit but still has a mind of it's own! I have lost 5 pounds from the date of my first ultrasound. Today was a totally great day! I am now 11 weeks and 3 days!

2 comments:

Candice said...

Oh, how exciting!! You got a little show off already - must be taking after his daddy!!

Katrina said...

Wow!! So incredible! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you! I'm glad that you are finally going to get to be parents! Love You bunches!