Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A redneck weekend

This past weekend was the tractor pull and mud run in Johnson. I'd like to say it was just a bunch of good ol' boys out there with their machines seeing how they could do. But that would be a lie. The tractor pull was like that, but the mud run had only a few!


Jimmy and Jerrad had to go weigh their tractors down at the elevators. On the way back they also had to find out whose would road the fastest. Boys will be boys! You can always tell which one won because they are the one to ask, "And who won?!" And Jerrad said, "Dad pretty much walked away from me."
Here are a few of the "Big Boys" - Mr. Crawford, Steve Brown, and Jimmy
Jimmy on his pull of 44 ft - He was a little heavy for his power.
Jerrad on his 165 foot pull - "Look Ma! No hands!" He has his weight right, now he just wants new tires and a better hitch.
Papa felt that after almost 70 years of hearing damage/loss it would be a good time to start protecting his ears from the performance tractors.
Jerrad muddin through in beloved Toy! Moe in the passenger seat and Nick in the back.
Jerrad and Moe after making it all the way through the pit!
Moe about to go at it in his Chevy.
Moe getting pulled back out, full of mud and grinning ear to ear!

A couple of the boys who got snookered into a foot race through the mud pit!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I Love the pictures!!! Especially the one of Dad and Jerrad! I really do not miss Mr. Crawford!! :) He was always picking on me!

Lyssa said...

I love Mr. Crawford! He and Jerrad and I give it back and forth all over the place every time we see eachother=)