I'm halfway! I can't hardly believe it! I am so excited about that until I think of all that I have left to do... Register for baby stuff which includes getting to a store big enough to let us try our hand at all of the foreign baby stuff. I also have to make the crib bedding, finish cleaning out the "nursery", figure out how I am going to paint the nursery, paint the nursery, find a dresser and other assorted furniture, and keep up with normal stuff. I guess my leisurely life is OVER! Oh well, this is a fun stage of life to finally be in! All of our OBs that come in to the clinic are keeping tabs on me, as well as all of you!
I will put a note on here for all of you Facebookers that read my "Notes" I publish pictures but they don't get fed into my Facebook. So it would be better for all of you to look at my blog. Then you can get the full story!
This week... Let's see. We went tankin on Saturday, then we went tankin on Sunday afternoon again! It was great fun. I must quote my friend's 7 (?) year old nephew here from when we were tankin. He was tired of dodging trees...
Mac: The TREES!!! Someone needs to come out here and cut down all of the TREES!!
Me: Why? Trees give us oxygen.
Mac: (Sticks his finger in the air to make a point) And paper plates!!
Yes, of all of the things that trees do for us, how could we forget the paper plates?! What a guy!
And, I must tell you all that I have a boyfriend... He is four years old! My co-worker's grandson is at the office with us off and on when his mom is running errands and such. He is such an awesome kid! As they were leaving Tuesday, he was telling everyone bye.
D: Bye, Grammy!
J: Bye, sweetheart!
D: (Turns and looks at me, gets a big grin on his face, starts waving REALLY enthusiastically) Bye, Girlfriend!!
Mom: Is that your girlfriend?
D: Yah, she likes me a lot!
So Jerrad has some stiff competition, but I have made him aware!
I had my appointment on Monday. Baby's heartbeat was 156 BPM, right on the money again! I looked at my chart more closely and I actually lost 15 pounds from starvation in my first trimester. I have only gained back 10 of that. I am very happy to see that! So I TECHNICALLY haven't gained any weight... yet! =)
We went back for the ultrasound and as the machine was booting up Dr. Bill asked me if I was feeling the Bliz move. "Oh, yes!" I said, "I know for sure that this is Jerrad's child! I feel sometimes as if I'm getting beat up from the inside out!" We all chuckled then he put the wand down and found the lil one. There he was, buckin like a bronco again! Dr. Bill said, "He IS active! Moving around in there like a lil monkey!" I laughed out loud!!
You see, Jerrad and his sister have always had a big joke about being a monkey's uncle and/or a monkey's aunt. When she broke the news to him that she was pregnant, it was a Curious George doll with, "You're a monkey's uncle!" written on his t-shirt. So it was perfect that Dr. Bill said that! And if you'll notice there is another monkey reference in the week 20 Baby-gaga post! I think I'll scream if this thing comes out with a tail! =)
Well, here are some pics for you! Ultrasound pics and the belly shot you have all been nagging... er... I mean wanting from me! Once again, if you're looking at this on Facebook you can't see these pics and need to come look at my blog! 

Friday, July 31, 2009
Week 20
Composed by Lyssa at 10:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like things are going great! I am happy to see the baby bump photos are being posted!
So I saw the bump! Are you sure your pregnant? Good for you not getting huge you look good! So happy for you
Post a Comment