Sunday, November 9, 2008

Raiders get your Guns Up!!






I would like to go on record saying that I was a Texas Tech football fan before they were good! We are in the standings for a title this year and just like any other teams that have done this before, there will be the fair weather fans. As long as they are winning, they will have fans. But I have sat in front of the computer watching the ESPN live feed (we don't have tv services) for hours on certain fall Saturdays to watch them get beat over and over again. I would humbly cheer for my team knowing that they would walk off of the field worse than when they walked onto it. I still scour every store's college section hoping that I will someday find some Double T merchandise in the land of KU, K-State, OU and Nebraska.

Now... now my friends... Here comes the team that I love and they are coming to take back all that has been ripped from their bandage taped hands. Look out! I was sitting at the Pheasants Forever banquet Friday night listening to all the men there in their OU sweatshirts. They were talking about the anxiety of playing Tech in a few Saturdays. That felt good! They were talking about how good my team is this year and how they didn't know how their boys would hold up! May justice be served on a red streamer-wrapped platter. Whether it be in Lubbock on the Llano Estacado, Lawrence, or Norman I can guarantee you it will be hot and steamy out of Graham Harrell's hands... And the Vict'ry Bells Will Ring Out!

1 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

I'm no TT fan, but for your sake I hope they win :)
My CHI-Town Bears arent doing so hot....=[ but we keep on hoping and keep on cheering.