Monday, December 29, 2008

Phew!

Things are about to slow down for us here. We had Christmas and wedding all wraped tightly together last week. Had a blast with family at all events.

We started out having Christmas day at Jerrad's grandparents with his cousins from Montana. We did a few family pictures (so I can get my Christmas letters out now!) and ate a lot of food! For once, Marmie had shrimp left over!

The day after Christmas we had my family coming in for Christmas/wedding festivities. My Uncle Glenn and his family stayed at our house while my grandma and her husband stayed at my parents. We laughed and ate, and repeated over and over again! I finally got to have tacos for Christmas again... Yummy! I really missed that. There is something about a Roberts woman standing in front of an electric skillet frying tacos that is soooo nostalgic. I hope I can someday pick up that tradition with my kids... I'll have to do a lot of convincing to get a tradition from my family going in my husband's world. =)

My brother and his wife had the most awesome reception. It was going to cost them an arm and a leg to rent a normal facility so they decided to check in to renting the bowling alley. We had so much fun! I am convinced that everyone needs to do this. Made for super cute pictures too, no matter how hillbilly it sounds/looks.

All in all, the holidays so far have been very enjoyable! I hope yours have been as well.

1 comments:

Katrina said...

Sounds like you have had alot of fun! Can't wait to see the pictures! Can't wait to see you.