Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A beautiful day

Yesterday was about as picture perfect as you could get. Nice and sunshiny, barely a breeze, not too warm, not too cool... Perfect!

To bask in this glorious day, I decided to go for a walk. If Maggie and I are going to spend some quality hiking time together this summer, I had better get into some semblance of a non-round shape!

As I was walking down to the mail box, I came across at least 10 sets of deer tracks. Some of them in my lawn, some going back and forth from our wheat to the neighbor's. I certainly don't blame them for that! The wheat looks great! After our blizzard with heavy, wet snow it looked great. But then to add almost 48 hours of calm drizzly rain... We just pray now for the freezing and hail to stay away. Let this stuff grow, grow, grow.

When I walked by the neighbors wheat, I was downwind of it. I caught the aroma of black earth and thriving plants. It smelled like a greenhouse. What a blessing for dry land wheat to have such a sweet aroma!

I also got to see evidence of the raccoon family that is living in the abandoned house down the road. There were a few different sizes of paws leading me to believe it is a family living there.

Ooooh, and on my way home from work I drove by the dairy. I have NEVER seen soooooo many cows laying in the lot. Almost 75% of the Holsteins were out there sunbathing! Other than the black spots, I'm guessing that's how it would've looked in my yard had I tried that. But, as Maggie and I found out once, there are a lot more people that drive by our yard than I like to think there are!

1 comments:

Katrina said...

=) Good post!! Enjoyed reading something simple about life!! Thanks for the boost I needed before I go to work!