Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Sunday

There are so many things I like/love about Resurrection Sunday.

Spring in the air. It felt more like fall today, but it was still Easter and that meant SPRING!

Church services. They are always extra special on this Sunday. Even more than Christmas!

The food. I wouldn't be a good little Baptist girl if I didn't mention the food.

The clothes. The material part of me loves this part. And yes, I still try my hardest to get a new Easter dress every year. And no, I don't know when/if I'll outgrow that. And yes, since it felt more like fall today, I was the only one really wearing an Easter outfit. And no, I didn't feel bad about it. And yes, I was cold... as usual.

The colors. I love all of the bright spring colors that the holiday brings.

The nostalgia of Sonic Sundays marking the end of my "Sympathy Lent" with Carla. Oh I miss that woman!

Mostly though, knowing I don't serve a god on a cross. My God came off of there, was buried and defeated death for my sins. His death was not the end of His deity as other religions' gods. I serve a RISEN Saviour!!

1 comments:

Katrina said...

I Love Easter too!!! and I'm with ya on the new dress!