I have found out that the lil one really likes the song "How Great Thou Art" because everytime I sing/hum it, (I've been practicing it up for a special for church) there's a LOT of tumbling! Yesterday I started humming it in the pickup on the way back from Kalvesta, and I started giggling because "he" wouldn't stop!! It's so cool! I'm kind of wondering if I'll be able to sing it in church without giggling!
I've been working at getting online and trying to put together a registry. Mostly on, errr, WalMart... Did I just say that? Sorry, I feel like such a traitor! But we are going to Wichita in a couple of weeks to see some friends and go register at Babies-R-Us. I can't wait for that!
You know how I told you that my goal was to get the office totally cleaned out by the end of August? Yah, well... I'm still shooting for that!
We were going to go to the mud run in Elkhart today, but it's nice enough that Jerrad is having to spray instead. So I get today with my house, but not for long. My MIL comes home today and I believe we are having a church dinner of sorts tomorrow. Then next weekend, I believe we are going to Pueblo to meet up with David and Katarina on their way back from Denver. Then the next weekend we are going to Wichita (YAY!). Then the next weekend is the last one for August! Yikes!
So you see, it will be a pretty big push to get this room cleaned out before the end of August! I WILL get it done even if it means staying up to all hours of the night on the last few days of August! =)
I started getting the Christmas fever this week. I usually get it this time of year. I feel August coming on and that means fall is around the corner. That stirs up connotations of Thanksgiving, then Christmas falls right in line with that! I know I will probably be particularly excited because this year will be an extra special Christmas. And I know it's hard not to think of Christmas this time of year because retailers are already moving holiday stuff in. But to be terribly honest, I do this every year. And I don't make it to many retail stores. I go to our small little grocery store and the occasional Duckwall/Alco trip. So I can't even blame it on that!
I did make it to our flower shop in Johnson on Thursday. My grandma had surgery on Wednesday (nothing serious, just fixing some problems to make life a little easier) so I went to wire her some flowers. I was SOOOO excited when I saw they had their Christmas tree up and their hearth was ALL decked out! I walked in and exclaimed, "Oh I'm so glad there is someone out there that is getting Christmas fever too!" And Anna said, "Alyssa, I just got done with our Christmas in July sale o clear out last year's stuff." Ooops. Either way, I took advantage of the sale!
Well, here is the post to let you all know what page I am on for Week 21!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Week 21
Composed by Lyssa at 7:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Heehee - can totally see you giggling in the middle of How Great Thou Art!!!
You looked great Saturday!!! Can't wait for the holidays either =)
Post a Comment