Wow! #23 already? That's crazy!
It's been two weeks since I've posted because last weekend was a little crazy and we went for a one day road trip. Last Saturday we went to Trinidad Lake and met up with Jerrad's sister and her husband while they were on their way back from Denver. We had to stop at WalMart to get a few last minute things. I wondered if we would run into our friends Steve and Liana. Sure enough not a full minute into our WM expedition I saw Liana. Got to chat with her a little bit as she was doing last minute shopping for their church picnic they were hosting.
After we got WM out of the way, we headed out to the lake to fix a wonderful meal of steak and pork chop bits with potatoes and squash. We also had lots of other munchy stuff, which was great because I think the little squirt is going through a growth spurt(more of that later)!
We got to spend a little bit of time with David and Katarina before they had to get back on the road. It was so nice to see them and love on the puppy!
Then we decided to go driving around the mountains and enjoy the beautiful day before driving back home. So we basically spent all day in the car with a couple of hours at the lake. But it was a great day!
Ah! The OTHER reason I didn't blog last week... My new computer is here! YAY! I LOVE it. It's really fast, quiet, and pretty. Did I mention I have a 23 inch monitor? Jerrad said it's ridiculously too big. But once he got on the 18 wheeler game for a while, he learned to appreciate the ridiculous largeness!
It took a bit for us to get everything hooked up to the internet. Funny story for the day... I had to call HP the other evening because our internet was being poopy and our ISP thought it had something to do with our firewall. So I'm talking to the middle eastern guy and he asked for my email address. Once he convinced me that he really had to have it for customer service I told him what it was. my74dart360@hotmail.com - He put it in and said, "You must really like to play darts!" I actually succeeded at not laughing out loud, not insulting him or even being sarcastic with him! Aren't you proud!? I just calmly told him that it was a classic muscle car made by Dodge and that it happened to be my first car. Besides, he hadn't attempted to fix my problem yet, and I didn't want to tick off the guy that was supposed to fix my computer! After all, he really sounded like he knew what he was talking about... and I really had a hard time imagining his cubicle with anything other than a bunch of Short Circuit memorabilia. And who doesn't like it when he says, "Number 5 is alive!!"
Anyway, I really think the little one is going through a growth spurt. I have felt like my belly is twice as big as it really is. And I have been incredibly hungry!!! The other day for lunch I ate a hamburger, 1/4 pound hot dog, and a bag of chips. Only to find out 2 hours later that it wasn't enough! Today I ate a mixing bowl full of ravioli only to get back to work and look for a snack.
I weighed myself on Monday and was still 3 pounds under prepregnancy weight. I am happy about that. Don't get me wrong. I am NOT afraid to gain weight and definitely understand the importance of it. I am not trying to stay under, but I'm not using the pregnancy excuse to eat a whole box of donuts either. I am just really happy my body is using what it already has stored rather than feeling the need to get more!
I have my next appointment and ultrasound on Tuesday. I am far enough along to have Dr. Bill look and see what we are having. But we are still set on letting it be a surprise. After all, we have a bunch of stuff already picked out for neutral.
We were going to go to Wichita this weekend and register at Babies R Us, and Target. Not to mention staying with my favorite college roomie, see her two GORGEOUS kids, and put up with her husband... J/K! David is a great guy, just don't let him know I said it! But our trip was postponed. Stuff came up at the farm and we are home this weekend. I don't know when we will get there, but we will soon! I was too ready for this trip to just let it slip away completely!
So there it is... My week #23 post! And here is Week #23's calendar! Once you look at the comic on that page, be sure to come back and look at this photo taken on Saturday!
And, Yes, I still have a VERY active baby! It's so cool!

1 comments:
Very Good Post! I am glad you are getting to blog through your pregnancy. I can't wait to meet this little person-I can't belive that (I) am finally going to be an aunt!! You are looking great!!
Post a Comment