Christmas has been lingering around here because we still had Christmas yet to do with David and Katarina. This week we finally got to do it!
David and Trina got here Monday morning and surprised us by being here 10 hours early! All day monday was spent butchering the beef they were to take back with them. Then, Monday evening we went to Jimmy and Kitty's for supper.
Tuesday I went to work and Everyone just kind of took it easy all day. That evening we went bowling. I wasn't in the greatest of moods. Jerrad and I had a really bad evening and I was so emotionally drained that I had no right to be in public. But we were there, nonetheless.
Wednesday I was off work so I packed up Christmas and went to J&K's house. We had biscuits and gravy as a good starter to a long day!! We went to Garden City and shopped all day. Jerrad found a great barber that he will probably go back to often. We then went to Crazy House (western wear store) because I wanted a new pair of jeans and I NEEDED a new pair of boots. By the time I found my boots, there was no time to shop for jeans. While in Crazy House, my boot salesperson was very rude and wasn't answering my questions. She just really didn't seem to want my sale. So I grabbed Trina to help me. After working 2 years at Shepler's, she knows what she is doing! She fitted me for a new pair of boots (that I LOVE) and got me 10% off!
By that time we needed to get back home to get ready for church. We got to church and practiced a couple of songs. I asked Pastor which one he wanted us to sing. He replied, "Both!" Well, we sang one. Then when the service was over, Pastor made us sing the other one as well! We skidaddled out of church and headed to Candice's house for scrapbooking. We got there and Trina realized she had forgotten half of her pictures. So she got to make a card for David. We had a BLAST that night eating Sonic and Chewy Chips Ahoy! Tradition at Candice's house!
Jerrad and I stayed the night at J&K's hose that night to be there in plenty of time for Christmas breakfast. We got everything set and had a wonderful breakfast as usual. We opened gifts and just enjoyed having eachother around. Except for Bambi (D&K's Chihuahua/Pug mix). She will be calm as can be, but if Jerrad puts his hand in front of her, she goes nutso! They are the funniest thing to watch. He is definitely the antagonist!
We then went over to Papa and Marmie's for dinner. We had prime rib, shrimp and grilled salmon with the works! After letting it digest a little bit, we headed over to the Menno Building for family pictures. This, I believe, is my best photo shoot yet! The lighting was beautiful, the scenery impecable, and there was no wind. You heard me... NO WIND! We had a lot of fun doing it and we got some REALLY great shots of everyone!
We went back to P&M's and Trina made some cherry pie (YUMMY!!!) while Kitty and Marm Put together a pumpkin pie. Then we realized we still had fireworks to shoot! We got back to J&K's and got set up for a show. We had no idea what we were in for! Trina and I got cuddled up in our blankets while everyone else was getting set up. I had bought some HUGE sparklers for Trina and I to play around with, but they wouldn't hardly light. Jimmy had a 4 foot tall box of artillery shells that he planned on using up. Jerrad had a box full of goodies as well.
Side note: This family gets all sorts of excited about fireworks because they used to run the stand in town before Kitty got a job in the summer cooking at Silver State.
Trina and I were enjoying ourselves despite the faulty sparklers, but it was cold! There was a little breeze but not much, so Jerrad and Kitty started a fire in the driveway. Jimmy kept tying more and more artillery shells together, giving an evil laugh each time he went out to the cannons. Until he said, "Jerrad, come help me with this!" That should've been the clue right there! He had 4 3-shot shells and 2 2-shot shells (16 shots) all tied together. All six cannons ready to go. They lit it and RAN!!! When the first one went off, it exploded in the cannon, knocking all of the others over. Most of them were now shooting at us, instead of at God where they should have been going! One hit Jimmy in the back as he was running. Trina and I were so tangled in blankets it took us a while to get up and move. Once the booms were done, we looked over and there were two fires in the front yard. Trina and Kitty got one fire out, while Jerrad and I stomped out the other one... Me in my new boots! After all of that excitement, Jimmy went back to one at a time! As the fireworks were winding down, I asked if there was going to be a grand fianle. Jimmy denied; he figured there was no topping the 16 shot KA-BOOM!
We had a wonderful Christmas in January and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Trina. This was the most enjoyable and exciting trip David and Trina have had here, that's for sure! Well, this was a LOOOOOOONG post, but there was no leaving any of this out! If you made it through... Kudos to you!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Christmas week
Composed by Lyssa at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment