I laugh when I read my SIL's blog name on here called, "Life in a small town." T. or C. isn't a metropolis by any stretch of the imagination, but the town I associate most with (I don't live in a town) is one square mile. I want to do a string of posts like this that are real life instance I have seen first hand or, like in so many small towns, heard second (third, fourth, etc.) hand. Kind of a cousin to the "You might me a redneck" jokes.
My FIL and the hub went out pheasant hunting today as it was the last day of the season and the FIL hadn't been yet this year. Afterwards they came and picked me up and we went into town to eat. As we went in and sat down there were 3 couples there that I knew separately but were all sitting together. My FIL informed me that two of the men and one of the women were siblings. I love it when this happens! There is so much family in this community that I have no clue about that it makes it like a little surprise package for me when I hear it.
Anyhoo... Life in a small town means that you have no shock when you hear a conversation that consists only of;
John: Hey Jim
Jimmy: Whaddya doin, John?
John: Not much. I thought you'd be the one deliverin' my fuel yesterday.
Jimmy: Nope.
John: Oh. Welp, see ya around.
Jimmy: K
Neither of them being cold, just said all they needed to say!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Life in a small town...
Composed by Lyssa at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh I am rofl-this is good! I don't know that I could do this but it will be fun to hear of all you get to find out and listen too =)
Post a Comment