On the way to a new me.
I don't usually make new year's resolutions because I rarely keep them. But I was thinking today that it is a really bad reason! It only promotes laziness, which is one thing I constantly battle! By making my resolutions public, I make myself more accountable for them.
1) Spiritual relationship with God. I want to strengthen that relationship this year. I have been really lazy in this area and want to do better. My main goal is to use my driving time every day to praise him and pray. Rather than talk on the phone or daze out!
2) I would like to do some sort of excersize everyday. Not a full blown workout, but something purposely to work some muscles. New year's day, Maggie and I went on a walk; Yesterday I did squats at work (No one else was there hehe!); And today I plan on biking to the mail box and back (That's two miles for you city slickers who think it's silly!). Maybe I'll run up and down our stairs a few times as fast as I can. Just to do something!
3) I don't ever want to tell my husband, "You have clean_____ in the dryer. I love you! Bye." I want there to always be what he needs on his clothes rack. Not just skinning by on the laundry issue. Or housework altogether. I am going to get on a weekly schedule for housework that way every week the same thing gets touched. Rather than trying to do it all on Saturday because I've been lazy all week just for something to come up on Saturday and it still not getting done.
I'm going to stick with those for now. I think they are big enough to make a big change in my life. I hope I can do this!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
A new year...
Composed by Lyssa at 1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I like that you have done this. I have started doing little things too that I hope will improve my way of life. You are an encouragement to me. Thanks! =)
Post a Comment