Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good/bad Sunday

Today was such a good Sunday. Church was good, we had an awesome dinner... then I got a really bad tension headache and didn't go anywhere the rest of the day. These have been coming on a lot lately. I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow to see if she can help me! But the good part of Sunday... We sang some of my favorite hymns that really lifted my spirit and made me more prepared to listen to the wonderful preaching.

My MIL called last night and wanted to bring soups and stuff to have for dinner in the fellowship hall. We do this every once in a while just for family. It's hard to drive 30 minutes to get home and cook, and eating out gets expensive. We had wonderful soups, and home made bread courtesy of my MIL!!

Yesterday on FB, I changed my status to something about wanting a good chat with a long lost friend. Well, I got that today. It wasn't the friend I was thinking of, but it was the friend that God wanted me to have a chat with! We reconnected today, and it was nice to have a peer at church to talk to again! It was definitely a God thing, because of a lot of things that I have chosen for myself. I have felt really akward about talking to anyone from Skyland since I got fired so there have been some friendships fall by the wayside. Everything to do with my firing was so secretive, I had no idea who was in on what so it was hard to trust anyone. I am better with that now. It's not a big deal. I have come to realize that getting fired from Skyland was the best thing that happenned to me in 2008. Although at the time I thought it was among the worst things that would ever happen to me. But so many good things have come from it, I can't imagine still being there.

1) My marriage is better because I don't have that pressure from work. I was so oppressed when I worked there, I had a terribly negative attitude everywhere, but it strained my marriage the most.

2) I got 6 weeks off in the summer time to go and do things that I wanted to do! These weren't just my own interests, but my husband's as well. I was able to do more photography with my time off. I was able to go and do things with my husband. That probably meant the most to me! There were so many things that I missed out on before because I ALWAYS had to work. This summer I was able to stand by my man's side as he got his first "green" on the 1000 yard range. I was there to take pictures as he got 3rd place in the Morton County Mudrun. There were so many great moments that we got to share TOGETHER!

3) I have the most fabulous job now! I looked at my wages and benefits at Skyland and it scared me out of going anywhere else. But even though I took a huge paycut, the Lord has provided and we have not hurt any more financially than what we were before. Not to mention my boss is probably the best boss anyone could have! I have awesome co-workers who are just there to do their job, nothing more, nothing less!

I know I digressed a little from my original topic/title, but what are blogs for, huh? All in all, God's been good!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm glad you had a good day despite the headache. Hope you are having a good week. Love you!

SavedbyGrace said...

It's hard to let God control our lives. But in the end it sure does pay off!