Sunday, January 18, 2009

A VERY good Sunday!

Last Sunday was good and bad. Well, this Sunday was really GREAT! I still got a bad headache, but those are pretty common these days (I really am going to the chiropractor tomorrow!).

First of all, we had missionaries there today. A very funny couple that has struggled as they planted several I-F-Baptist churches over the midwest amongst the Mormons. We had a dinner with them in the fellowship hall and just enjoyed each others company!

Our pastor and his wife went to the HBBC home missions conference last week and were back today with reports. It was so neat to hear of all that I was once a part of. Even more exciting was that my tithe and offerings went to the conference to help those people. I was hoping that our pastor would tell us of someone he had helped and it would be a classmate of mine, but that wasn't the case. He was able to help 10-15 church planters though and that was awesome. Even more, he took some video to show the ones in our church who hadn't been before what it was like. In that video I saw some familiar faces. I wanted to hug the screen when I saw Sam Davison on it so bad I could hardly contain myself! Then the church planter that he was introducing was a former professor of mine, Russ Bishop. THEN (the really awesome blessing of the video) as the names were called out of men who were helping Bro. Russ, several of THEM were my classmates. Even better! We didn't help my classmates, my classmates were helping other church planters! What a thrill! I sat there and cried (this isn't unusual for me... I cry at the Onstar commercials on the radio) just as I did when I was a student watching God move over the crowded gym.

The highlight of my day, however, was when I sang my special. I had been practicing this song... lemme back up a little. In November we went to see Legacy 5 in Ulysses. The closing song was a piano/vocal solo by the pianist, Tim Parton. It is a fabulous song! 2 other girls and I were debating about which soundtrack CD to buy from the CD booth and the one girl just bought all 3 and said she would give them away as Christmas presents. I had forgotten all about that until after Christmas I got a late Christmas present from her. It was the soundtrack with this particular song on it.

That night I got home and checked my email, like always, and I had an email from my MIL asking me to get that song going for a special in church. It was so much of a God thing I just kept it under my hat. I was going to sing it last Sunday but things didn't work out. I was thinking that I had made a mistake by not singing it when I should have. I beat myself up all week about it. But nevertheless, I sang it this Sunday. Not exactly a "Missionary Sunday" song, but it's still a fabulous song!

I knew I wouldn't be able to look at my MIL when I was singing it, but I tried anyway... NOPE!!! The highlight of my day was when I got done and stepped down from the platform (I always keep my head bowed because I am really humbled at being able to sing for my church) there was my MIL standing in the aisle waiting to grab me up and hug me. We stood there for a while and just bawled. She told me later that it was exactly what she needed TODAY! You see, Keagen would've been 18 months old today, and God needed me to sing that song to my inlaws TODAY through that tough time.

Here is a video of that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UODpfuRvNNk

0 comments: