#24 - My Church
The church that Jerrad and I attend and are members of is Faith Baptist Church. It was started by Bob Phillips and has had a few other pastors over the years. Some good, some not so good (from what I hear). Two of its pastors I have known outside of this church. One, Greg Waggoner, is now in Amarillo and coordinated the youth retreats where Jerrad and I met. The other is Rocky Harrill who was a professor of mine at Heartland Baptist Bible College.
This little church is just that. Little. We average about 20. Jerrad and I are the youngest in our church besides Judson who is 11 and another young couple our age. Everyone else is our parents' or grandparents' age. We do enjoy all of them though. There is always great music and preaching. Pastor Kissel was voted in shortly after Jerrad and I were married. He is a great man of God that is exactly who God had in mind for our church at this time.
Though it is very small, it is a very loving church. There is always a sweet spirit and a strong bond. Our pastor preached Sunday a little on the fellowship of our church. He said over and over how sweet the fellowship is. And how bountiful it is... right along with the laughter. He was right! Someone is always making you feel loved and appreciated and that is why I love Faith Baptist Church!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Faith Baptist Church
Composed by Lyssa at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You made me cry. But don't feel bad. I am highly emotional right now, and these were tears of joy. Thanks-I needed them. melodie
Post a Comment