# 27 - My home
I have said this a million times before. I am a Texan and very proud of my heritage. I love Texas, but I am so glad God chose for me to live in this little corner of Southwest Kansas. And in the country. I struggled in high school whether to be a country girl or a city slicker. I had pros and cons for both. But deep down, I was meant for the country. I love looking out my curtainless windows only to see small clusters of buildings and trees as my neighbors.
There is always an abundance of wildlife in a very short range of my house. I had 5 whitetail deer in my ront yard one evening eating around my swingset. The firstnight we were in this house, Nancy and I were sitting on the swingset and we heard pheasant all around us in the dark. There is a family of racoons that live about a mile down the road. Our dog has to be taught not to chase coyotes and there are an unbelievable variety of birds that frequent our windbreak.
I have a west facing picture window that I wouldn't trade for anything. I can look out and see God's beautiful sunset unobstructed by builldings, cars or other types of urban life. This window faces our road so I know almost everyone that drives by my house, when and why.
Our dog doesn't have any physical boundaries. He knows he can't go past the wheat stubble or the tree line. That doesn't mean he doesn't try it, but he knows only disciplined boundaries.
I love that we can take an old dryer, or piano that is worthless and put it out in our "backyard" and blow it up just because we think it would be fun. We have our very own shooting range suitable for any firearm we own.
I wish I had better words to convey how much this life suits me. I guess this is just my element. When you see me in it, you will understand.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
My little corner of the world
Composed by Lyssa at 9:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I miss that little corner of the world! =)
Post a Comment