As we were sitting in the office at Tax Time yesterday evening, our tax preparer, Jennie, was talking to us about her babies. A topic I have gotten used to thoroughly enjoying with people. She asked if I got anything done besides holding Aspen. We chuckled. Then she and I fumbled around trying to remember the last line or two of a poem. I came home and looked it up. I read it over and over again. This poem is about living in the moment and appreciating what you have because it will too soon be gone.
Babies Don’t Keep
by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren’t his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
That is exactly the essence of pictures and what I want my photographs to be. I have been struggling for some time about what to name my photography business. I had a little time to think about it so I wasn't going to rush into anything. But this hits the nail on the head!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Quiet Cobwebs Photography
Composed by Lyssa at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awesome! I Love It!!!
I LOVE it!
Post a Comment