Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy

#20 - Sunshine

Right now as I look outside there is snow covering the dark, moist earth.  How do I know it's moist if there is snow covering it?  Because there was a lot more of it a week ago and the sun is showing its lovely face today.

There are people, myself included, that slip into depression without enough sunlight.  Somedays it would be ideal for me to live in Alaska and other days it would be almost destructive.  I need sunshine fairly often.

I've been hearing loud crashes up against my house today because the icicles are releasing themselves from their temporary home on my eaves.  This is a much welcomed sound because it means that there will be lots of sunshine pouring through my windows today.  I was very happy to realize that today because I've been inside this house since Saturday night.  Aspen is sick and so am I.  We are battling our sinuses.  In a little while I will bundle us up, turn off the heater and open the windows for a bit.  It's 41 degrees here, but I need to air out the house a little.  I wish it were warm enough and dry enough to go for a walk but oh well.  It will be soon. 

Spring, you will be welcomed with open arms whenever you decide to return!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I agree - bring on Spring!
Oh, and I hope you and the little one are feeling better!

Katrina said...

So ready for spring!!