#13 - My Job
Since I was fired from Skyland Grain on June 13th at 1300 hours I thought it would be fitting to make #13 the thing I love that conspired from that event.
I had an overall awful experince working at the local grain elevators. I hated my job after only 3 months but stuck with it because, well, that's what you're supposed to do. 16 months of knives in my back, two - faced friends, an oppressive supervisor and crying almost everyday when it was time to get out of my car and go inside. That is the sum of it. I prayed, literally, to be sick when I woke up. Then I would pray to not be sick so no one would be mad at me for being sick. I was afraid to quit because the benefits and pay were awesome. I wouldn't get that anywhere else.
Then a series of events happenned. Some my fault and some were not. Overall, my supervisor that had seemed to want me gone for some time, lucked out on those events and was finally able to get rid of me.
I slipped into a slight depression, then pulled myself out and started humbly looking for a new job. That's when I read of an opening and my doctor's clinic.
I had always seen the group of people out eating together and having a very enjoyable time with eachother. I took my resume to the clinic with hopes out of my reach. When I went in for an interview Dr. Bill was the most gentle and professional person I could have ever imagined. I loved him as my doctor, but as a boss I was still yet to be impressed. He and I talked about what happenned with me at Skyland just enough to get the idea. He didn't press or pry.
Needless to say, I got the job. I enjoy going to work. Sure there are days I want to sleep in, but don't we all? I actually missed my job when I was on maternity leave.
Everyone comes in, does their job and goes home. We all have a sense of humor with great respect for eachother.
I was devastated about being fired, but so relieved to be out of the position I once loathed. God had his plans for me and they were beyond what I could've dreamed for myself. And guess what? He also took care of the material matters.
I have watched girls come in with the thoughts of pink lines in the forefront of their minds and over a few months and watch women leave with new life in their arms. This has helped me so much after my nephew, Keagen, was born and passed. I was terrified of childbirth and the unknown. Once again, God knew!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
St. Co. Clinic
Composed by Lyssa at 12:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am glad that God is always in control! I am sorry that everything with Keagen terrified you so much but I am so thankful that God has taken care of you and has given you both Aspen.
Post a Comment